Fire and Rescue NSW firefighters in Macarthur have been kept busy this week, with three separate incidents across the region drawing concern.
Macarthur firies attended a bushfire in Airds, a HAZMAT incident at Warragamba and a kitchen fire at Gregory Hills in the past three days.
Fire and Rescue crews were called to a bushfire in Airds on Tuesday, November 30.
Firefighters found an area of bush and grass alight at the location near Dalkeith Place shortly after 1.30pm.
With the assistance of the RFS, crews managed to contain the fire, and it was extinguished in just over an hour.
Then on Wednesday, December 1, crews were called to Warragamba for a HAZMAT incident.
More than 30 firefighters worked to contain a spill of hazardous materials at a factory on Production Avenue shortly before 11am.
Crews came from the Warragamba, Regentville, Penrith, Horningsea Park, Glenbrook and St Marys stations to assist with the incident.
The factory complex was evacuated as the crews worked to identity and remove the hazardous material.
No injuries were reported. The spill was "neutralised" in just under three hours.
"The chemical has been contained to a small internal area by FRNSW crews and poses no risk to the environment or local community," Fire and Rescue Macarthur and Wollondilly commented on Facebook.
"The incident has now been rendered safe and there is no further risk."
The factory was ventilated and handed back to the owners.
Finally, on the morning of Thursday, December 2, crews attended a kitchen fire in Gregory Hills.
Crews were called to the suburb shortly before 11am after receiving reports of smoke issuing from a house.
Once on site they found a fire in a kitchen caused reportedly caused by unattended food cooking on a stove.
Firies quickly put out the flames using a CO2 fire extinguisher.
The smoke-logged house was then ventilated.
Fire and Rescue NSW officials say the leading causes of house fires in the state is cooking which has been left unattended.
FRNSW Superintendent Scott Dodson reminded the community of the importance of heeding the slogan: 'keep looking when cooking'.
"If your cooking catches fire, never use water to put out a fat or oil fire," he said.
"Turn off the stove if it is safe to do so and call Triple Zero (000)."