Campbelltown-Camden Ghosts breakout star Tanveer Sangha has claimed Wests Sports Council's top gong this year.
The sports council's 23rd Annual Sports Awards were held earlier this month, recognising local athletes for their outstanding contributions to grassroots sport, sporting accomplishments and sporting spirit.
Wests Sports Council supports 30 sporting clubs and associations within Macarthur.
Sangha, who has made waves in the BBL and just this week impressed for NSW in the Marsh Cup (taking 4/21 from 7.2 overs, including a maiden), was awarded Elite Sportsperson of the year for his passion, drive and extraordinary talent.
The soon to be 20-year-old started his cricketing journey with Ingleburn RSL Cricket Club before joining the Ghosts Junior Development Academy and progressing through the grades to join the first grade team.
Sangha thanked Wests for "the incredible support of Wests and honour of being awarded the Wests Sports council Elite sportsperson of the year".
Jason Ellsmore, president of the Ghosts, praised the young leg spinner's talent.
"Tanveer's exceptional ability has been fostered by his inherent love for the game and his ability to practice for hours at both Raby and Ingleburn," he said.
"He deserves credit for what he has achieved so far and his recognition at such a young age by both Cricket NSW and Australian selectors indicates he has an exciting future."
Wests Sports Council director Stephen Stewart said he was always proud to see the region's sporting best.
"It is so rewarding year after year to meet the exceptional sporting talent from our region and celebrate those individuals and teams as well as the clubs that foster them in our Wests Sports Council program," he said.
- Elite Sports Team of the Year - U10 Softball Campbelltown Representative Tee ball Team
- Spirit of Sport - Samantha Mortimer - East Campbelltown Eagles Netball Club
- Senior Sportsperson of the Year - Rachel Eagles - Macarthur Triathlon Club
- Sports Team of the Year - U18 Boys Wests-Easts - Wests Hockey Club
- Youth Sportsperson of the Year (12 - 16yrs) - Taj Barrington - Ingleburn RSL Softball Club/Softball Campbelltown
- Junior Sportsperson of the Year (U12) -Jaxon Coleman - Macquarie Fields Swimming Club