LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Vaccine co-ordinator John Frewen says there is a 'fantastic chance' Australia will be be fully vaccinated by the end of the year, with about 1.5 million AstraZeneca doses currently ready for use.
* Sydney has recorded another day of more than 200 new local cases, with greater Sydney and parts of regional NSW in lockdown until at least the end of the month.
* Another person has died in Sydney taking the toll from the current outbreak to 14.
* Also in Sydney, more than 250 people have been fined for travelling beyond their local government area and five were charged with resisting arrest during a massive COVID compliance operation on Saturday.
* A three day snap lockdown is underway in southeast Queensland as the state records nine new cases.
* A Brisbane high school student with COVID has been found to have the same strain as two hotel quarantine cases but authorities are still trying to find out how the student got infected.
* Queensland authorities say more people need to get tested, with fewer than 12,000 tests conducted on Saturday. Health authorities want to see more than 40,000 daily tests.
* Tasmania closed its border with southeast Queensland late on Saturday and forced some 11,000 recent arrivals from the mainland state into isolation.
* Victoria has passed a milestone with one million residents fully vaccinated.
* From Monday, Victorians will wait six weeks between Pfizer jabs, pushing the interval out from three weeks.
* About 20 residents of a Richmond apartment building in Melbourne have been told to isolate for 14 days after they were potentially exposed to a COVID case.
* The antibody cocktail REGEN-COV, given to Donald Trump when he contracted COVID-19 and widely used in the United States has been conditionally recommended in Australia.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 12,317,727 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Saturday, including 111,043 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 6,967,842 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 53,692 in the previous 24 hours).
* 6,444,859 have been issued in primary care (+53,608) and 522,983 in aged and disability facilities (+84).
* 5,349,885 have been administered by the states and territories, including 57,351 in the previous 24 hours.
* 1,646,952 have been administered in Victoria (+15,992), 1,495,209 in NSW (+21,342), 918,359 in Queensland (+7,421), 505,634 in Western Australia (+6,302), 392,942 in South Australia (+3,725), 161,592 in Tasmania (+0), 138,511 in the ACT (+2,172) and 90,686 in the NT (+397).
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported 252 local cases on Sunday August 1: 239 in NSW, four in Victoria and nine in Queensland.
* There were four new overseas-acquired cases: two in NSW and two in the NT.
* The national death toll is 924: Victoria 820, NSW 70, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 197,825,365
* Deaths: at least 4,216,780
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 4,087,807,244.
Data current as at 1730 AEST on August 1, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Australian Associated Press