Camden residents can look forward to revamped parks and playgrounds, a new cricket facility and upgraded roads this financial year.
Camden Council has endorsed a $344 million budget at its recent council meeting.
The 2017/18 - 2021/22 Revised Delivery Program and 2021/22 Operational Plan (Budget) will see the delivery of a $180 million Capital Works Program, including the continuation of the $5.1 million Community Infrastructure Renewal Program (CIRP), as well as a budget surplus of almost $1.8 million reinvested into the community.
It will also see the delivery of the council's stage three $113.9 million COVID-19 support package, after the successful rollout of stages one and two in 2020.
Camden mayor Theresa Fedeli said she was proud to deliver the Camden community an exciting budget.
"Strong financial management over many years has allowed Council to support the community whilst continuing to maintain service levels and projects across the area," Cr Fedeli said.
"A real personal highlight has been all three stages of Council's COVID-19 Community Support Package.
"The three stages are estimated to raise Camden's economic output by up to $221 million, support the creation of up to 507 new jobs in the Camden area and increase Camden's GRP by up to $202 million.
"I am incredibly proud to be heading a council that was able to offer a package of this calibre to its residents and businesses.
"Another exciting aspect of the budget is our Capital Works Program which includes construction works at Narellan Sports Hub stage two and Fergusons Land cricket facility.
"I am very proud to be leading Council in continuing to help our residents come out of the pandemic and also provide a number of fantastic new facilities for our community to enjoy."
Over the next year, more than $37 million will be spent on community infrastructure projects, including:
- Herbert Rivulet drainage land purchase - $4.2 million;
- Council Works Depot Redevelopment Stages One and Two - $9 million;
- Ferguson Land - bridge construction and cricket facility - $8.35 million;
- Narellan Sports Hub stage two - $17.3 million;
- Design Leppington to Byron Roads (Ingleburn to Bringelly) - $7.6 million; and
- Design Ingleburn Road, Leppington (Rickard Road to Eastwood Road) - $6.7 million.
Other major projects that have been completed during this Delivery Program period include:
- Harrington Park Lake Youth Play Space - $1.14 million;
- Sedgewick Reserve Youth Play Space - $1.36 million;
- Curry Reserve Water Play Space - $2.5 million;
- Oran Park Library - $13.7 million;
- Camden Town Centre upgrade Stage Three - $3.4 million;
- Camden Town Centre upgrade Stage Four - $3.6 million;
- Camden Valley Way/Macarthur Road intersection upgrade - $4.95 million;
- Graham Hill Road/Richardson Road upgrade - $3.9 million;
- Spring Farm Community Facility - $3 million;
- Kirkham BMX - $1.7 million;
- Kirkham Park playing fields - $1.8 million;
- Bandara Circuit playground - $1 million;
- Howard Park - $1.9 million;
- Julia Reserve Community Centre - $10.6 million;
- Julia Reserve - $3.5 million;
- Catherine Park sporting fields - $5.1 million;
- Catherine Park Community Centre - $2.2 million;
- Nott Oval synthetic field - $2.8 million;
- Dawson-Damer Water Play Space - $1.4 million;
- Dawson-Damer Play Space - $7.6 million;
- Julia Reserve Skate Park - $5.2 million;
- Mick Doohan Reserve - $6.7 million;
- Olive Hill Drive Reserve, Arcadian Hills - $770,000;
- Greendale Road upgrade - $1.4 million;
- Miss Llewella Davies Walkway - $670,000;
- Jack Nash Reserve playing fields and floodlighting - $719,000;
- Emerald Hills Community Centre - $1.1 million;
- Emerald Hills Reserve sporting fields - $1.65 million;
- Price Park - $1.55 million;
- Hill Top Park - $627,000;
- St Andrews Road upgrade - $2.1 million;
- Hollywood Park $845,000;
- Peter Brock Drive extension and crossing - $3.54 million;
- Gregory Hills Community Centre - $1.97 million;
- Cunningham Park sporting fields - $3.36 million;
- Gledswood Hills Reserve North - $740,000;
- Roundabout program - $2.7 million.
The 2017/18-2021/22 Delivery Program and 2021/22 Operational Plan (Budget) can be viewed at: camden.nsw.gov.au.