Celebrate your family and everything that makes it great by taking part in Camden Council's National Families Week program this month.
National Families Week celebrates the vital role that families play in Australia with a range of activities planned in local communities.
This year's theme is 'Stronger Families, Stronger Communities'.
Camden mayor Theresa Fedeli said the program allowed local families to spend quality time together in the local community.
"Family is one of the most important influences in a child's life, allowing people to feel secure with each other," Cr Fedeli said.
"We are lucky enough to welcome many families into our area on a weekly basis, and as we continue to grow, I see each person as a valuable member of our growing Camden family."
Camden Council's program this year includes:
- Cybersafe Workshop, Monday, May 17, 10am-11am
- Yoga Playgroup, Monday, May 17, 10am-10.30am
- Play in the Park Playgroup, Monday, May 17, 10am-noon
- Yoga for parents and carers, Tuesday, May 18, 7.30pm-8.15pm
- Supported playgroup, Tuesday, May 18
- Child Restraint Fitting Day, Wednesday, May 19
- Play in the Park Playgroup, Wednesday, May 19, 10am-noon
- Families Week Playlinks Playgroup, Wednesday, May 19, 10am-11.30am
- SAFE Series Workshop, Thursday, May 20, 10am-11.30am
- Orchestra Mini Maestros, Thursday, May 20, 5pm
- Families Week Little Umbrella Playgroup, Thursday, May 20, 9.30am-11am
- Silent Disco, Friday, May 21, 6pm-8pm
- Swimming Lessons (six months to 12 years), Saturday, May 15 to Friday, May 21
- Family Storytime at Camden Libraries, Saturday, May 15 to Friday, May 21, 10am-11am
"There are a range of activities available for our resident to enjoy National Families Week," Cr Fedeli said.
"I encourage you to bring your family together and enjoy one of the many options while remembering that family is priority in our lives."
For more information and a full program, visit: camden.nsw.gov.au.