A man was arrested at Rosemeadow today and charged with 62 offences following an investigation into historical child sexual assault.
The 43-year-old man was arrested at a Rosemeadow home about 8.45am this morning.
In January 2018, Campbelltown police began investigating the alleged sexual assault of four children and a woman between 1995 and 2012. The assaults are alleged to have been committed by a man known to them.
Police will allege in court that the man sexually assaulted the woman and children - who were then aged between three and 16 - on multiple occasions during that 17-year span, in Sydney's south-west.
The charges against the man include:
- 17 x Indecent assault where victim under the age of 10 years
- 20 x Sexual intercourse with person under the age of 10 years
- 4 x Commit act of indecency with victim under 10 years
- 2 x Assault with act of indecency
- 1 x Sexual intercourse without consent
- 7 x Aggravated sex assault- victim under the age of 16 years
- 1 x Aggravated sex assault- victim under authority of offender
- 3 x Aggravated indecent assault- victim under authority of offender
- 2 x Aggravated indecency-victim under 16 & under authority offender
- 5 x Aggravated indecent assault- victim under the age of 16 years
The man was refused bail today to appear again before Campbelltown Local Court on Wednesday, November 25.
Anyone with concerns about suspected sexual abuse or exploitation should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au.