Police arrest eight people allegedly attached to Riverina drug supply operation

POLICE have arrested an extra eight people in their attempts to dismantle an alleged drug syndicate operating in the Riverina.

Last Thursday, a 31-year-old man was arrested and charged with eight drug supply offences and a participating in criminal group offence.

He was granted strict conditional bail and is due to face Wagga Local Court on March 25.

Last Friday, a 19-year-old man was arrested and charged with three drug supply offences.

He was granted strict conditional bail and is due to face Wagga Local Court on April 15.

On Monday, a 22-year-old man was arrested and charged with seven drug supply offences and participating in a criminal group. He was granted strict conditional bail and is due to front court on April 15.

Four additional 19-year-old men and a 30-year-old man were also charged with drug supply offences.

All five men were granted conditional bail and will face court on March 25.

It follows the arrest of four people last week, who were allegedly attached to the drug supply operation.

Twelve people are now before the courts as investigations continue into the operation.

Southern Region operations manager detective superintendent Kevin McNeil said he believed local drug supply will take a major hit as a result of these arrests.

"These arrests highlight the great work being undertaken by our Region Enforcement Squad alongside local police," he said.

"If anyone in the community has any information about the supply of illegal drugs, I would urge them to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or local police."

This story Eight arrests as police dismantle alleged drug syndicate first appeared on The Daily Advertiser.