Australia's cricket stars have been freed up to play during the Big Bash League season after dates were confirmed for Australia's one-day international series in India.
Batsmen Steve Smith, David Warner and fast bowlers Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins and Josh Hazlewood could subsequently be in line for big deals with BBL clubs.
It was confirmed on Tuesday that Australia will play India on January 14, 17 and 19 in Mumbai, Rajkot and Bengaluru - which means the international players could arrive home in time for the business end of the BBL season.
Australia then doesn't play another international limited overs match until a Twenty20 and ODI tour of South Africa in late February.
Smith, Starc and Hazlewood could be eyeing a return to the Sydney Sixers while Warner and Cummins have previously played for Sydney Thunder.
However, Smith and Warner have not played BBL since the summer of 2013/14.
The dates of the ODI series in India have been brought forward due to India's commitment to touring New Zealand in February.
This pushed back other matches and Australia's home ODI series against New Zealand is set for mid-March - the latest an Australian summer of international cricket has run in 41 years.
Cricket Australia executive and former BBL boss Anthony Everard previously said they were aiming for the nation's best to be available for the BBL season.
"We want to make sure that the BBL finals is an appropriate crescendo," Everard said.
"We saw this year, having the likes of Glenn Maxwell and Aaron Finch available for the final and what that did in terms of the quality of the cricket."
Australian Associated Press