The latest police news from around Macarthur


A 39-year-old Airds was charged by police with multiple offences that occurred last month. On the 16th he allegedly stole a computer, dash cam and money from a car. Twelve days later he smashed a window of a car in St Helens Park and stole a wallet. He used a card in the wallet to make several purchases. That same day he entered another vehicle but did not steal anything. Police also located a slingshot and ammunition during a search of his home.


A 24-year-old Ashcroft man was charged last week following a house fire in Woodbine in July. Police investigated the blaze after they discovered evidence of an accelerant. The man, who owned the property, also submitted an insurance claim following the fire. He was granted conditional bail and will appear in Campbelltown Local Court later this month.


A 20-year-old Rosemeadow man was arrested by police after allegedly punching a 20-year-old Harrington Park man. The two were involved in an altercation at a Camden pub before they were ejected. The Harrington Park man suffered a split lip and allegedly spat blood on police. The Rosemeadow man was charged by officers with assault.


A 25-year-old Eagle Vale woman and a 52-year-old Ambarvale man were among more than 30 people who were arrested in the past few weeks as part of a crackdown on organised crime. In total 28 men and eight women were arrested at various locations throughout Sydney with cars, $120,000 cash, phone, ammunition, firearms and drugs seized. The arrests were part of a Redfern Region Enforcement Squad and Central Metropolitan Local Area operation.


Police were involved in a pursuit with a 22-year-old along Appin Road on Saturday. Officers were responding to an urgent call when they saw a Suzuki swift driving dangerously. The driver refused to stop but was eventually captured by police on Remembrance Drive, about 1km north of Picton. He was charged with multiple offences and refused bail.


Police are still on the hunt for a second man involved in a break and enter in Campbelltown last month. One of the alleged duo were arrested last week following the incident that saw money, gift vouchers and computers stolen from offices. Police investigated the incident and arrested the 41-year-old Eagle Vale man. Police allegedly located several stolen items during a search of his home. He was refused bail by police but granted bail by the magistrate.