1. What have been your main achievements over the past year?
- Promoting a child health policy called the first 1000 days, which supports the best start for all Australian children from preconception to two years.
- Pushing for better public transport and public amenities before further development (I was most pleased that the Federal Labor Opposition has committed to building a rail line to the new airport).
- Promoting the importance of our local environment.
- Working with our very progressive Council, Mayor George Brticevic, and our local state representatives Anoulack Chanthivong and Greg Warren to improve local services and plan for the future.
2. What are your priorities for 2018?
- Promote local infrastructure.
- Work for better child health policies.
- Further engage with our local schools.
- Spend time interacting and visiting our local businesses to see how we can support them.
3. What are the three best aspects of the area you represent?
- Overwhelmingly, the people, their talents and our community’s diversity.
- The local environment.
- The increasing prosperity and dynamic nature of a rapidly changing area.
4. Why did you choose to represent your electorate?
- To improve equality, child health and education.
- To make sure our own health system adapts to the needs of the 21st century.
- To make sure our environment is not destroyed by rapid development.