Fire damages house roof at Rosemeadow

More than a dozen firefighters have worked to contain a gas fire at a Rosemeadow house today.

A gas leak at a house on Calpurnia Way caused a fire to erupt before noon today (Thursday, September 14).

Fire crew from three stations and a department commander attended the blaze, which spread to the roof of the house.

Rosemeadow Fire and Rescue NSW Senior Firefighter Jeff Parker said the crews located gas main at the property and had to wait for the gas company to arrive before the gas could be switched off.

Mr Parker said the fire was “all under control” throughout the incident and nobody was hurt.

The flames did caused considerable damage to the lounge room roof.

A nearby resident informed the Advertiser a couple in their 30s live with their children at the house.

She said the house needed to be inspected by safety officers before the residents could return.